World War I Picks

In honor of this month's 100th anniversary of the start of World War I, we have put together a display on the main floor filled with books (and movies) about this monumental war including:

The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War on 1914 by Christopher Clark
Nothing Less than War: a New History of America's Entry into World War I by Justus D. Doenecke
Line of Fire: Women Writers of World War I edited by Margaret R. Higonnet
To End All Wars: A Story of Layalty and Rebellion, 1914-1918 by Adam Hochschild

The Fateful Alliance: France Russia and the Coming of the First World War by George F. Kennan
A Patriot's Handbook by Caroline Kennedy
A World Undone: the Story of the Great War 1914-1918 by G. J. Meyer
The Last of the Doughboys by Richard Rubin

For more information and books about World War I, stop by the display on our main floor and speak to our reference librarians at the information desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment