Rediscovered Harper Lee Novel to Be Published

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Harper Lee has a new book releasing in July! The manuscript of Go Set a Watchman, which was attached to an original copy of To Kill of Mockingbird, was recently discovered by Lee's lawyer. 
Lee made a statement that the novel, which she completed in the mid-1950s, "features the character known as Scout as an adult woman and I thought it a pretty decent effort. My editor, who was taken by the flashbacks to Scout's childhood, persuaded me to write a novel from the point of view of the young Scout. I was a first-time writer, so I did as I was told."
"After much thought and hesitation I shared it with a handful of people I trust and was pleased to hear that they considered it worthy of publication," Lee said. "I am humbled and amazed that this will now be published after all these years."

Click here to read the full article.



No comments:

Post a Comment