- The 13th Hour by Richard Doetsch - A tale told in reverse finds an innocent man sitting in jail after being accused of his wife's murder and given an opportunity by a gray-haired stranger to go back in time on an hour-by-hour basis to discover what happened, an opportunity that poses a painful dilemma.
- The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells by Andrew Sean Greer - To alleviate her suffocating depression after the death of her twin brother and the break-up with her long-time lover, Greta Wells embarks on a radical psychiatric treatment that has an unexpected side effect, which transports her to the lives she might have had if she had been born in a different era.
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King - Receiving a horrific essay from a GED student with a traumatic past, high-school English teacher Jake Epping is enlisted by a friend to travel back in time to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy, a mission for which he must reacclimate to 1960s culture and befriend troubled loner Lee Harvey Oswald.
- The Company of the Dead by David Kowelski - March 1912. A mysterious man appears aboard the Titanic on its doomed voyage. His mission? To save the ship. The result? A world where the United States never entered World War I, thus launching the secret history of the 20th Century. Joseph Kennedy, grand-nephew to the president, is one of the six people who can set history to its rightful order, even if it means his non-existence.
- Hollow World by Michael J. Sullivan - Upon learning that he is terminally ill, Ellis, a man who has always played it safe, decides to throw caution to the wind and use the time machine he has constructed in his garage.
- Blackout by Connie Willis - Stranded in the past during World War II, three researchers from the future investigate period behavior and seek each other out in a shared effort to return to their own time.
Time Travel Fans
Take a trip through time with these time travel stories: